What makes infrared sauna so special?
There is a good chance that if you’re reading this, you have at least heard of infrared saunas and are interested in learning more about the many health benefits it delivers. Unlike the traditional sauna which relies on heating the body by radiating surfaces in the sauna room, infrared saunas use infrared heaters to emit infrared heat that is directly absorbed by the skin. It is this difference in heating methods that unleash the total healing properties which infrared saunas provide by heating the body directly and not just warming the air.
By heating the body directly, infrared saunas raise the core body temperature and creates an environment that promotes a detoxifying sweat which allows the body to unlock many health benefits. Here are just a few:
- Lower Blood Pressure When in an infrared sauna, your heart rate increases and pumps blood faster through your body. Much like aerobic activity that increases blood flow through the body, infrared saunas have been scientifically proven to lower blood pressure. In fact, studies have shown that two infrared sauna sessions a week can provide a similar reduction in blood pressure as two 30 minute weekly workout sessions.
- Improved Circulation The heat that is distributed through the body while in an infrared sauna produces an increase in blood flow that is quite similar to the increase that is seen during exercise. Blood flow can be stimulated to up to twice the speed experienced at rest, resulting in improved circulation with minimal exertion.
- Weight Loss In much the same way as the infrared sauna helps you lower your blood pressure, it also has been scientifically proven to lower your weight. A typical session in an infrared sauna can torch as many as 600 calories. Doesn’t seem possible to burn that many calories while you’re relaxing? Science confirms it. As your body is working hard to cool itself, your heart rate elevates and your metabolism boosts. This causes your body to destroy calories and help you lose weight.
- Pain Relief Infrared waves deeply penetrate and heal muscles, joints and soft tissue that regular massage just can’t touch. Studies have shown that infrared saunas are effective in pain reduction for fibromyalgia, arthritis, and other chronic pain conditions. It is also hugely effective in speeding recovery time in injured individuals and athletes.
- Anti-Aging We’re all looking for the fountain of youth, and you don’t need to look any further than an infrared sauna. The infrared heat penetrates and rejuvenates both the epidermis and the dermis layers of the skin, allowing healing and increasing collagen growth. Because of the increase in collagen and the healing properties of the infrared waves, wrinkles are reduced, pores minimized, and result in an overall improved skin tone.
- Cell Health As blood circulation is increased, more nutrients and oxygen are being pumped to the cells in the body. The improved blood flow and oxygen enriched blood optimizes the body’s ability to shed toxins and refresh nutrients, allowing the muscles to better recover from strain and injury.
- Wound Recovery In addition to internal injury sustained to the muscles, infrared saunas also speed and improve the healing of physical wounds. Science has proven that infrared saunas hasten and improve wound healing by promoting faster cell regeneration, as well as reduce the risk of infection in part due to the improved immune system.
- Detoxification Our body’s immune system is based on a biochemical process, which is a fancy way of saying that the chemicals in our body have a direct impact on our immune system. One of the most efficient and healthy ways to detoxify our body and improve our overall health is through sweat. The infrared sauna allows the body a relaxing way to sweat out the toxins in the body.
- Relaxation Don’t forget that stress has a major impact on your overall health and wellness. Stress and anxiety cause and worsen several medical conditions, mental conditions, and lowers the body’s immune system, making it more susceptible to other disease. Relaxation is critical to maintaining a healthy and balanced life. Infrared saunas provide a gentle and soothing heat that is therapeutic and powerful. And the relaxation goes beyond the sauna. Infrared saunas increase the amount and the quality of sleep.
There are many other benefits that we can tell you all about in addition to improved circulation, cellular health, improving the body’s ability to heal wounds, and detoxification. Give us a call today on 0800 564 728 and one of our friendly customer service team members will tell you how an infrared sauna can help you in specific. We truly believe infrared saunas are the key to a better and healthier life for you and your family. Contact us now to learn more.